BCC International Education Group offers a unique TSC Chinese Teacher Placement Program in cooperation with Confucius Institute at Michigan State University and Oakland University to recruit, train and place highly qualified Chinese teachers for school districts in the United States. The services include:
• Recruit, train and place Chinese teachers on different Chinese programs in K-12 schools.
• Provide on-going professional development and supervising supports for the Chinese teachers
at school districts.
• Offer Chinese teaching and learning resources and support on Chinese curriculum development.
BCC International Education Group partnered with Confucius Institute at Michigan State University in 2007 to create the first Mandarin Chinese Teacher Internship program in Michigan. To date, BCC has over 100 Chinese teachers working in over 20 school districts in the U.S. Due to the program's overwhelming success and the growing need for authentic Mandarin Chinese teachers in the United States, BCC expanded its Chinese teacher internship program and developed a partnership with Oakland University to help meet the demand.
The teachers are placed in the following sites in the US:
• Algonquin Consolidated School #158
• Northbrook/Glenview Schools
BCC International Education Group recruits potential Chinese teachers in China. These teachers are selected based on a set of qualification and initial screening interviews with teaching professional in China and the United States. Selected teachers then go through a well-designed training program and those teachers who have successfully finished the training program will be recommended to school districts that are interested in recruiting Chinese teachers. BCC International Education Group helps to arrange interviews between school districts and the potential pool of candidates that fit their specific Chinese programs, process visa paperwork for the school district selected teacher(s) and arrange the teachers to arrive at school districts on time.
All the teachers recruited by BCC International Education Group are strictly screened on their previous teaching experience, language proficiency both in Chinese and English and their educational background. The year-long TSC systematic training on American K-12 education system and Chinese teaching pedagogy helps to prepare the teachers for working effectively in American schools.
All the teachers are required to attend the Chinese Teacher Certification Program offered in Michigan State University or Oakland University the summer prior to starting teaching in school districts. These programs will prepare them on issues like classroom management and curriculum design. Throughout their two or three teacher internships, the Chinese teachers will receive mentoring and teaching support from the universities and BCC.
TSC program is designed to have Chinese teacher candidates acquire the following:
• A Michigan Teaching Certificate and master’s degree in education in the two or three year program;
• Over one year of teaching experience before assuming an internship position;
• One year of systematic TSC professional training;
• Chinese Certificate of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language;
• A passion and will for teaching Chinese long-term in the United States.